Eat Healthy Now, Don’t Pay For Being Unhealthy

apples-1325629

Here is a fact:  With a rare few exceptions, once you get so unhealthy you have a disease you will have to eat healthier.

Some people are born with diseases and sickness, and these people probably have to eat healthy and take medication too.

Personally, I have Crohn’s Disease. I was sick in the hospital about a year ago when I started thinking, “I wonder what life would be like if I got a colostomy bag and decided to undergo surgery.” For some, this is their only option. For me, it was one of my options and the easy way out.

At that point in time, I was filled with dread and felt hopeless but it is that thought that made me climb out of despair and take control of my life. I began researching colostomy bags and learned something interesting. If you have a colostomy bag, not only is your life very different and probably embarrassing, but you have to eat healthier! If you don’t eat healthy, your bag can get clogged up in the tubes and cause inflammation and infection.

I don’t know about you, but if I’m going to go through all that embarrassment and daily cleaning of some dumb bag I am going to go ahead and eliminate my bad habits before it gets to that point. I decided that in the hospital, and I climbed out of this despair I had as I realized that getting healthy now is my only option.

It was my best option. I have started this endeavor for myself and I am proud to say I went from a severe case of Crohn’s with all kinds of medication to only one medication.

Now, I have something to say to you. If you are at risk of becoming diabetic or if you have unhealthy habits, change them now. Do it NOW. Don’t wait and pay for your unhealthy decisions later, like a lot of people may do. Take control of your life and be transformed as your physical, mental, and emotional health all see tremendous improvements.

Thanks for reading. I hope that you apply the principle of “changing now” to your life. I hope you see improvements. I hope you at least give it all you’ve got and that you don’t give up.

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

17 thoughts on “Eat Healthy Now, Don’t Pay For Being Unhealthy

1. wrider says:

It’s inspiring for everybody who’s reading this, but it must be even more inspiring for you, to think of yourself and how far you’ve come! Beating the odds with hard work 🙂

Liked by 1 person

2. fepegeli60 says:

This such a good post. Hearing about your struggle and the way you thought about it really gets me thinking “why aren’t I being healthier too?” Great job and keep it up!

Liked by 1 person

3. Great post again! Wish all my patients could learn to think this maturely. People are so often after quick fixes. Great to hear you’re coping so well with Crohn’s.

Liked by 1 person

• Absolutely! I have learned what works with me. I agree on the quick fix thing 100%. I’ve gotten emails asking me how to burn belly fat over night lol no disrespect to anyone but everything health related takes a long time, and the further off track you go then the longer it can take to get straight and narrow.

Liked by 1 person

4. Change Your Body Change Your Life says:

Wow! this is an amazing inspiration and one I needed today! Thank you!

Liked by 1 person

5. entropy says:

I started eating healthier three month ago due to high cholesterol levels. Today I went to see the consultant, and my cholesterol values have dropped! However, I have gained some weight in those three months. So I started exercising again today! I had to stop exercising five weeks ago due to recovery from severe fever. So I had to start again, and I did it today!

I’ll keep following you! You write very inspiring! 😀

Liked by 1 person

• Thanks a lot entropy! I am glad to read that your cholesterol levels dropped. It’s great that you are taking control of your body now before it has a chance to get worse. Keep up the hard work and thanks again for your input. I enjoyed reading about your success and motivation.

Liked by 1 person

6. pixieannie says:

I’m not sure if that link will work but it’s a fairly comprehensive run down of the gut and its inhabitants. Something I’ve spent a lot of time researching because I’ve had several hospital stays, procedures and years of medications for problems with my gut. Despite eating very well, I was unaware that I had a yeast overgrowth (possibly related to antibiotic use) and as a result, had to make some some drastic changes. Needless to say, I’ve seen amazing results.

Perhaps also worth pointing out that diet affects mood, energy levels and sex drive. I’m certain that a lot of people make changes once they find out that something awful has happened, instead of making it part of their every day routine. Keep up the good work, Maxedoutmuscles.

Liked by 1 person

• Thanks for the info! I looked up the same stuff and it helps to do a diet that is low in grains and dairy. That way you aren’t pounding in more bacteria and yeast on top of what you’ve already got. That’s why the paleo diet helped me a lot once, although eating that much protein was unnecessary.

• pixieannie says:

It’s more a case of ensuring that the intake of sugar is kept to a minimum. I rarely ate sugar unless it was in fruit. I don’t eat gluten or any grains. However, yeast can be found in many other foodstuffs. Avoiding, peanuts, mushrooms etc, have made a huge difference but it isn’t a quick fix and I intend to continue with this eating plan.

Liked by 1 person

• Great! I’m happy for you and that you found what works for you. 🙂

7. pixieannie says:

You’ve been through one hell of a journey and come out of the other side with gusto and determination. I take my hat off to you. I think that a lot of people are unaware of the importance of what goes on inside their gut and the physical/psychological effects of eating poorly. You’ve raised some excellent points.

I do have a couple of things to add but will come back shortly as I have some fish to cook and it’s that time of day again when I need to eat…..

Liked by 1 person

• Great! I also want to add that some people may not have as many options as I’ve had and genetics and age play a role, but a lot of people are in my shoes. A lot of people can change things for the better, and those are the people I hope this helps. Also, it’s crazy how sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you can get the determination and drive to climb up to the topz