The Key To Climbing to the Top and Why YOU Should Do It Today

key-to-the-life-1556450

I always try to make posts that I hope can help my viewers and subscribers, and so I usually try to leave the point of focus off of myself. The problems or help guides that I post may be something I found useful for me, but I write it out to you.

The truth is, I write a lot of things out to you that I wish I had known a long time ago.  There’s always so many things I wish I had known two years ago or three years ago and the only thing I can do now is pass what I know down to people who are high school age, or any age really.  If I can be anything, I can try to be like a big brother.

And so today I want to tell you what has been on my mind.  I want to tell you what I did today and what really has me thinking about life and success.  Again, I’m doing this because I want to motivate you.

Work

I went into work today and, as usual, I wasn’t really happy.  It’s not that my job is very hard and it is not like anyone treats me bad there either, but today has been extremely different.  While I’m thankful for the job, I realized that it’s a stepping stone for me.  I need the job at the moment because I have debt to pay.  My plan is to go back to school for nutrition and be well on my way to success(for those of you who don’t know, my name is Christian Boyles, and I have a lot to say to you about my battle with Crohn’s and how I want to help people with nutrition, click here or here).

As I said, I walked into work today and immediately I felt depressed.  In that moment, it is just draining to think that I want to help people with nutrition and training, but I’m at a Walmart stocking soda.  Again, I’m thankful for the job I have but I know I am meant to do much more.

“…I am meant to do much more.”

So I got off work, got home, and began to think.  Honestly, I was still depressed.  It was almost like I was in kind of a funk, but then I realized that there are things in life that you have control over and there are things in life that you don’t.  And I know one thing for sure!  I can’t help it that I grew up without a lot of money to help me with an easier transition through college.  I can’t help it that all of that happened and it led me to where I’m at today.  But there is something I can do.

I can acknowledge that I am far better off than I was a year ago, and I am moving in a much more positive direction.

I have to credit my current success to three things:

1. Incredible People in my Life – If it weren’t for my great-grandmother who raised me, I wouldn’t be who I am today.  If it wasn’t for my mom giving me tough times, I wouldn’t be who I am today.  It was the challenges that my mother presented in my youth and the love that my great-grandmother gave me that ultimately molded who I am today.  And it’s not like everything going on in my life is a direct result of two people.  It seems that there are always people who come and go, but they are like shooting stars.  You see them for a moment and it’s a beautiful site, like looking up at that night sky, because they can really do something positive in your life that can really impact who you will become.
  2. My Personality – This is 100% the most conceited thing I have to say.  However, if I wasn’t as nice to people then I know they wouldn’t have been so nice to me.  I have always tried to be good to people, and it has always worked out well for me.  I try to give my best to those around me and it always seems that I attract people that are kind and want nothing more than to see me succeed.
  3. I Found my Passion after Bad Things Happened – As I mentioned in some of the hyperlinks above, I have Crohn’s disease.  This disease has always been a challenge for me.  It has made me so sick that I’ve thought I was dying at times and I have definitely had my fair share of spiritual experiences.  I have asked questions like “Why me?” I have thought about my life and re-evaluated multiple times.  It wasn’t until the last time that I got sick that I said Enough is ENOUGH!”  I knew right away that this time would be different.  I knew that if there’s a God or some rule to our universe, that He or It was leading me to confront my problems and make something positive of it.  At least that is how I chose to view the situation.  I finally decided that I am passionate about health and wellness, and living the best life possible.  I decided that I would begin writing this blog and reaching out in an effort to reach as many people as I can.

And of course, this morning, I realized that today is the day.  I realized that today is always the day to do your absolute best.  There is never a better day than today.  You don’t have to wait until tomorrow, and you don’t have to take time to plan things.  If there is something you love, and if there is something positive that you have to give the world…….then go out and do it.

So that is why, today, I have written this long post.  I’ve written this in hopes to inspire, and also because this was needed.  I try to give you content everyday, but today was the day for something special.  And every day should be..

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

34 thoughts on “The Key To Climbing to the Top and Why YOU Should Do It Today

1. […] Today is the day!  I stress this sentiment every day.  Every day is the day to make progress and record results.  Every day is another day to be the best that you can be!  To read one of my best posts that stresses that sentiment, click here. […]

2. […] with complacency and how I didn’t enjoy certain parts of my life, but I kept pushing(click here to read “The Key To Climbing To The Top And Why You Should Do It Today”).  Since I’ve had my ups and downs, I know that I’ve grown a lot and I am maturing.  […]

3. Great post, Christian!
    Today IS always the day, and even if we feel that we’re not up to much on any particular day one small gesture towards others can have a great impact.

4. BrisbaneBlogger says:

It’s such a common feeling… You should write about yourself more. It’s real, authentic and very relatable. As you can tell from the comments, that kind of honesty is powerful, inspiring and motivating.

Liked by 2 people

5. finnwest2015 says:

Reblogged this on Recked with Finn West and commented:
    Another extraordinary post from Christian.
    He is a really big inspiration. And one of the main reasons for my epic body transformation.
    Finn

6. finnwest2015 says:

Wow this is a truly great post!
    This kind of insightful writing is why you are an award winner and a truly beautiful man.
    I feel love for you right now bro.
    Finn

7. kaitmeryl says:

You are an incredibly talented writer. And the way I look at it, if I can make just one person smile or laugh then it’s been a good day. Don’t be too hard on yourself 🙂 We are all working on our adventures and you’ll get there!

8. Jon Gregory says:

Thats absolutely right. I struggle with motivation a lot sometimes. I like what you said about “Today is the day.” Who know’s if you’ll get tomorrow? Who knows if you’ll get a second chance? But you have to prepare too. Which brings to mind one of my favorite quotes. “Today I will do what other’s won’t so that tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.” – Jerry Rice. Have a great day and thank you for sharing!!

9. timelessneek says:

I absolutely love your post! You set out to inspire and I certainly felt everything you were saying. I think that there a lot of people out there not doing the things that the love and the road to get to where you want to be can be so difficult sometimes. I am definitely a statistic of this, but you know what so people wait a whole lifetime to figure out what they want and what they want to do and I’m so glad you found it. Thank you for allowing to me to read just one page of your story. I hope to hear more.

Liked by 1 person

10. […]  I finally got so stressed and sick that I said “Enough is ENOUGH!”  You can click here to read more about how I decided to make a change in my life and impact […]

11. existingbeth says:

I admire you for being so real.
    I recently had to give up the job I loved, nursing. I’m only 36 and it absolutely devastated me to the point of losing part of who I am inside.
    I sadly have back problems, as a result of yes, the job I loved so dearly! I have days where I feel unhappy, in absolute pain, looking for a solution that doesn’t involve putting painkillers into my body as I am healthy otherwise.
    Thankyou for sharing your struggles. We all have them, but it is up to us on how we take them on board and deal with them in our daily lives.
    You will take the path eventually that you desire and be very successful in your venture.
    I have learn’t that I have to seek another path in life, I can still help others, as you can, but more in a mental way, not so physical as before.
    I shall continue to read your blogs.
    You are one in a million Christian 🙂

Liked by 2 people

• Thank you very much. Literally, as I’m dragging myself around this morning to go to my job I read this and it brightened up my day. I wish you the best, and it’s because of people like you that I want to work harder at this and succeed.

• existingbeth says:

Have a brilliant day and remember, you will make someone’s day that much better today, simply with your smile 🙂

Liked by 2 people

• Wow that’s great advice! A weird thing I noticed today, too, is that if I don’t whine and complain and get my job done and help others….it actually makes me feel better lol they’re happier and their satisfaction makes me happy. I’m going to carry that same attitude into my website.

Liked by 2 people

• existingbeth says:

I was a nurse to the elderly. Trust me it’s worth it making them feel happy and worthwhile. I still take time out of my day to go and visit my former clients because they miss me since I left work.
        If I can make their day a little better, it makes me feel happy and complete inside.
        I may not be able to look after them like I used too but for them, having someone to talk to can mean the world.
        Don’t forget that you can make a difference to someone in what ever role you have to play today.
        Keep going 🙂

Liked by 1 person

• Thank you for your advice and the story. That’s really encouraging. I believe you and agree, I should do my best to take on whatever role needs to be taken to help the people around me today. Every day.

12. pixieannie says:

Yet again, you have inspired and motivated others. It was a beautiful insight into your life and the journey you have travelled. You’ve overcome hurdles, faced adversity, conquered and grown as an individual. In doing so, you’ve realised that you can help others who find themselves in a similar situation or those that require a little bit of a push. Continue to be you and know that it’s ok to have ‘off days’ as they make the good days more precious. You are only human. Sending love.

13. MeeYun says:

Hey, I know this is from a random stranger, but I just wanted to say that I just started following you and am really glad I did! I’m not really into working out (altho I probably should be… >.>) but due to nerve damage certain workouts are banned–doctor’s orders. Anyway, I read thru several of your posts yesterday and today and found them encouraging and inspiring.
    So, first, thanks for being the big bro figure–it’s a pretty neat role. As an 18 yr old, rather inexperienced girl, learning from more experienced individuals is always an amazing blessing of an experience. Second, please keep writing and sharing because sometimes some random person will be encouraged from your thoughts. In other words, keep climbing to the top and never stop raising others up with you. =) I’m sure that with your dedication you *will* be able to 100% accomplish your goals. Just take your own post to heart. You’ve got this–100%!

Liked by 1 person

• Honestly, I want to throw this in here before I even type the rest of my reply to your comment: Tough guys can cry too! and in all HONESTY, I almost teared up a little reading your comment. That made me extremely happy. I am doing the best I can here and I cannot stress enough that I want to the best I can be and bring the rest of you up with me. At the end of the day, this is about helping everyone and all of us working together and being the best that we can be. I am so grateful for your comment. Thank you 🙂

• MeeYun says:

Awww…well, you’re doing a good job of bringing us all together thru the power of well-written rhetoric. Thank *you,* and I’ll make sure to send positive energy (aha, something translated directly from Korean so sounds a bit strange in Eng) and smiles to others and give them a reminder to continually work toward their goals. Stay strong!

Liked by 1 person

• Thank you very much! I will continue to do my best!

14. petraperkov says:

Amazing post! Very insightful and very motivating.