Today was a typical day where I struggle with writer’s block and don’t really know what to write to you. It’s been a long day(LEG DAY) and I had a lot of work.
But now work is over and it’s time to continue pursuing my dreams!
Lately this has become like a part time job for me and I honestly have to say….
I love it! I have been putting in at least 20 hours a week trying to make this site better and deliver better content and I want to say a few things:
- Thank you so much! I don’t know how many times I’ve said this already, and I can’t say this is going to be the last time…..but it’s definitely worth saying. There are so many posts I have made where I’ve received such positive feedback from you that I just have to keep trying harder.
- It is so great to be passionate about something. I don’t think I can stress enough that finding what you are passionate about is one of the single greatest things you can do for yourself. There needs to be something in your life that you love doing and that you want to pursue. There needs to be something that gives you hope and makes you want to get out of bed in the morning; something that makes you feel like you have a purpose.
- Things have been taking off pretty fast and all I can do is strive to make the best content possible and continue to deliver interesting articles. I want to be worthy of the increased traffic and love I have been given.
So without further ado, I want to share with you a list of personal self-help tips I wrote for myself on the notepad app of my iPhone. I did these because it’s important that we all have our own set of values and goals. I wanted to make myself follow a set plan and have a certain way of doing things to ensure I am being smart about my decisions; also, to ensure that I will work harder and harder to be successful. Here they are:
- Write in a journal – Whether you like writing or not, it’s a great idea to keep a pen and paper lying around the house. You can also use your phone’s notepad app, as I said earlier. The main reason this is so important is because if you are writing things out you will think about them more and I guarantee it will help you place things in perspective. Ever think about going to someone else for advice on some of your important issues? Well, that’s helpful! But using a journal can also be effective. When you write those thoughts down and read them back to yourself, it’s a lot easier to self-help. Give it a try and let me know how that goes. I can tell you from personal experience that it works for me.
- Have an idealistic version of yourself – You realize you can’t be perfect? Right, no one is perfect, but maybe there’s a better version of yourself that is a lot more preferable to you. Strive to be that person! Don’t give up on being the best version of you. Work hard every day and find what your faults are, be very honest with yourself, and find ways to improve upon what you are doing wrong. You can always make simple changes and make yourself happier, smarter, and better off; to get started, try making SMART goals. As you make progress on smaller goals, you’ll notice that over time you succeed at much larger goals. Eventually, this all adds up and you may see that you changed drastically into that more positive, idealistic version you want to have of yourself.
- Let go of the negative people who will not help you become a better person – Ever hear someone say you are a product of your environment? It’s mostly true. If you constantly hang out with people who want to have bad habits, chances are that you will have bad habits. It may be a challenge, but if you really want to be a better person then you may have to let go of people who are keeping you from your goals. Also, I’d like to say that if you decide to let go and move on with your life that you may be surprised at all the new people you will meet who want to help you become a better version of you.
- Find financial stability – This is a personal challenge for me! All of the things on this list were a challenge for me at some point, but this one takes the cake. …literally! I spend so much of my money on eating out and supplements that it becomes hard sometimes to save up money. I realize that if I saved a lot more of my money that I would get out from under a lot of my debts and that would free up a lot of time for me. I would have more time to focus on developing my website and paying for advertising! I could spend money on something more fun than eating out also. That is just something I am starting to get a better grip of and I’d like to share with you that it may be a big one for you also. It may be something to take into consideration.
- Cut out negative feelings – So I already mentioned cutting out bad influences and taking control of your finances…So what else could possibly be so NEGATIVE!?!? I am saying you should let go of the negative things that have happened to you in the past. Ultimately, you have no control over what someone else did to you or what has happened to you. You do have control over what you make of the rest of your life, however. Take control, let go of the past, and work hard for a brighter future. Trust me that those negative feelings will just hold you back! Again, let go and work hard for a brighter future.
- Find a mentor – this one was extremely important to me. I wanted someone who was more experienced with lifting weights and nutrition to give me advice. I wanted to learn business from a businessman. I want to learn from the master. And who doesn’t? If there is something you are passionate about, try to get involved with it as much as possible. I did that and it’s honestly quite funny how easy it was to find someone to mentor me. I have learned a lot from several people, in fact. If you want to know more about finding mentors, email me at email@example.com or comment below!
- Have a busy spot – This is one that I just started to realize the other day. I have noticed that when I work on my website in a professional setting I am at the least 100% more effective than when I work at home on my phone or laptop. For me, my busy spot is at my second job where I’m allowed to use their desktop. If you can find a place where you can really focus and you feel more productive, I guarantee it will help you in the long run.
- Fake it until you make it – Don’t allow yourself to speak negatively about your business ideas or your hopes and dreams. Always speak positive and announce the fact that you will succeed. This is really a simple one, but there is a lot of negative energy in the world and if you are earnest and consistent you will stand out like a sore thumb.
So those are the tips that I have personally been using as I am always thinking of ways to better myself and my content. I hope you enjoyed the post and
I hope you can apply these tips to your life.