Today is the day I am going for 265 lbs (120 kg) on squat! That would be my new personal record and I’d be happy with that weight. When I started working out, I could barely squat 95 lbs!
Deadlifts were low too. When I started working out, I believe my deadlift max was 135 lbs with bad form. My bench press was the highest(still with bad form) and was around 155 lbs. I’m glad to say that those days are over.
I went from gym newbie to average gym goer in six months. That seems pretty average, and I’m happy with that because now I am training to be above average! Realistically, I think that’s what we all shoot for once we get used to lifting weights.
So today I wanted to ask you a few questions:
- How long have you been lifting weights? If you don’t lift weights, what do you do to avoid being sedentary?
- Do you enjoy your weight lifting or other activity?
- Do you put a lot of emphasis on working legs(mostly directed toward weight lifters but sprinters and other sports also)?
- Are you happy with your progress?
- What leg workouts do you do the most?
- Any recommendations(broad question)?